Benefits of Membership
Why join the Long Island Association (LIA)? As our region's leading business organization and the largest such organization in New York State, the LIA offers members an array of services, programs and opportunities that provide a solid value for your membership dollar.
When you join the LIA, you will become part of an organization with members from small businesses, the region's leading companies, as well as hospitals, colleges, universities, research laboratories, nonprofits, school districts and government agencies. Get access to:
- The Connection Point, your resource for everything from business tools and networking events to special member savings, plus marketing opportunities to promote your business.
- Networking opportunities that enable you to connect with potential customers and Long Island's top business executives.
- Major Events that make history–and headlines–and feature some of the world's most influential leaders.
- Member Savings with a variety of discounts as well as Affinity Programs.
You will also be part of one of our region's strongest advocacy groups. The LIA acts as the voice of the community, telling government–at all levels–what is right for Long Island. As a member, you will have the opportunity to meet government leaders at the local, state and national level, to keep on top of legislative news and participate in lobbying initiatives and workshops. LIA members also benefit from expert economic analyses, special business forecast meetings, and the LIA Annual Business Fact Book (upon request) that can provide the insights your business needs to effectively compete in this competitive market.
The Connection Point
With this online portal, LIA members can:
- Access a powerful array of online business tools to solve your business problems.
- Advertise to thousands of other Long Island businesses with a free online "commercial."
- Save with member discounts.
- Offer discounts on your products and services to LIA's thousands of member companies and their employees.
- Link directly to other members via Members' Exchange. Looking to buy? Looking to sell? This site allows LIA members to link directly to other members interested in exactly the same thing.
- Benefit from additional LIA Rewards. Save even more with LIA's Affinity Programs.
As an LIA member, you'll have ample networking opportunities including:
- "CEO Roundtable" quarterly dinner hosted by LIA President, Kevin S. Law.
- "Leadership Circle" Bi-Monthly Breakfast.
- One Free Table at an LIA Executive Breakfast (for 10 attendees).
- Access to the these programs at an additional fee.
- Annual Membership Meeting and Fall Luncheon.
- Annual Awards Gala.
- Executive Breakfasts
The Long Island Association (LIA) has a dedicated following within the regional business community. Companies and individuals attend our major events year after year to keep abreast of regional issues. These events attract CEOs, presidents, and senior level executives of small and large companies.
Sponsoring one of these prestigious events can be an excellent marketing opportunity for your company. It enables you to position yourself in front of thousands of businesses from across Long Island as well as entertain your valued clients and business partners.
Be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to profile your company and gain brand exposure. Contact us.
The LIA offers its members discounts on many products and services including:
- ‘Member to Member' Discounts that provide discounts on products and services, only available to the LIA's thousands of member companies and their employees.
Braddock's Procurement Opportunities Guide, 2013 Edition - This complimentary and helpful guide to procurement opportunities for businesses is available to LIA Members. The Braddock's Guide is designed to help small-business owners and decision-makers understand the procurement process used by governments and large corporations. It provides an overview of government and corporate markets with an emphasis on who buys and how buying decisions are made. The Guide also presents "next-step" resources that businesses can use to penetrate these markets. A glossary of procurement-related terms is included, as well as a procurement preparation checklist, information about teaming agreements and joint ventures, and more.
- John W. Engeman Theatre at Northport - As a benefit with your association with the LIA, we are pleased to offer you a great opportunity on discounts for our 2012 - 2013 season. LIA Members Special - Preferred Rate of $5 off the regular ticket price.