Member Strategic Committees
- Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee, co-chaired by Tracey Edwards, Region President New York NorthWest for Verizon and Michael Maturo, President and CFO for RXR Realty LLC. The Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee looks at ways to grow Long Island's economy and create jobs while also evaluating issues that include transportation, housing, real estate, minority and women owned businesses and international trade.
- Energy and Environment, co-chaired by Robert Catell, Chairman of the Advanced Energy Research & Technology Center and Gene Bernstein, Chairman of Northville Inductries NIC Holding Corp. The Environment and Energy Committee considers a variety of issues, including green jobs and generation, efficiency, groundwater protection, agriculture and clean air.
- Financial Services and Tax Policy Committee, co-chaired by Jeffrey Alter, CEO Northeast Region for UnitedHealthcare and William Savino, Managing Partner of Rivkin Radler LLP. The Financial Services and Tax Policy Committee explores tax, insurance and banking issues and the impact of various proposals and regulations on the region.
- Health, Education and NFP Committee, co-chaired by Sam Stanley, President of Stony Brook University and Robert Isaksen, LI Market President of Bank of America. The Health, Education and NFP Committee discusses health insurance and accessibility, education opportunities and ways to foster the work of not-for-profit organizations.
- Small Business and Sole Proprietor Committee, co-chaired by Katherine Heaviside, President of Epoch 5 Marketing, Inc. and Ernie Canadeo, President of The EGC Group, Inc. The Small Business and Sole Proprietor Committee advances positions that support the great majority of Long Island's business community: small businesses.
To join one of the Long Island Association's Member Strategic Committees click here.