Member Strategic Committees
- Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee, co-chaired by Michael Maturo, President and CFO for RXR Realty LLC and Matthew Whalen, Senior Vice President, Development for AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and vice-chaired by Ellen Rudin, Managing Director for CBRE and John Gutleber, President, CEO of Castagna Realty. The Economic Development and Infrastructure Committee looks at ways to grow Long Island's economy and create jobs while also evaluating issues that include transportation, housing, real estate, minority- and women -owned businesses and international trade.
- Energy and Environment Committee, co-chaired by Robert Catell, Chairman of the Advanced Energy Research & Technology Center and Gene Bernstein, Chairman of Northville Industries NIC Holding Corp. and vice-chaired by John Bruckner, Senior Vice President, Electric Distribution Operations at National Grid. The Energy and Environment Committee considers a variety of issues, including green jobs and generation, efficiency, groundwater protection, agriculture and clean air.
- Financial Services and Tax Policy Committee, co-chaired by Jeffrey Alter, CEO of UnitedHealthcare Commercial Group and William Savino, Rivkin Radler LLP and vice-chaired by Miriam Tanenbaum, Market Executive, Head of Long Island/Queens, Commercial Banking, Capital One Bank and Carolyn Mazzenga, Partner-in-Charge, Marcum LLP. The Financial Services and Tax Policy Committee explores tax, insurance and banking issues and the impact of various proposals and regulations on the region.
- Health, Education and Not-for-Profit Committee, co-chaired by Sam Stanley, President of Stony Brook University and Robert Isaksen, LI Market President of Bank of America and vice-chaired by Drew Bogner, President, Molloy College and Linda Armyn, SVP of Corporate Affairs, Bethpage Federal Credit Union. The Health, Education and Not-for-Profit Committee discusses health insurance and accessibility, education issues and ways to foster the work of not-for-profit organizations.
- Small and Mid-Sized Business Committee, co-chaired by Katherine Heaviside, President of Epoch 5 Public Relations and Ernie Canadeo, President of The EGC Group, Inc. and vice-chaired by Crisler Quick, President, The Finance Department. The Small and Mid-Sized Business Committee advances positions that support the great majority of Long Island's business community; our small and mid-sized businesses.
- LI-BIO, co-chaired by Bruce Stillman,President, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and Seymour Liebman,Executive VP, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel, Canon U.S.A., Inc. Our newest committee, LI-BIO, will serve as a platform to help expand Long Island's burgeoning sector of companies focused on biotechnology, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmeceutical and life sciences.
To join one of the Long Island Association's Member Strategic Committees click here