November 6, 2012
Calling for Nominations for LI ATHENA Awards
For the first time the prestigious ATHENA Leadership and Young Professional Leadership Awards will be presented on Long Island!
ATHENA International is a professional women''s leadership organization committed to supporting, developing and honoring women leaders and inspiring women to realize their full potential, thus creating balance in leadership worldwide.
THE AWARD CRITERIA
The ATHENA Award and ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award (AYPLA) nominees are women leaders and emerging leaders that must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
- ATHENA Award and AYPLA nominees must represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector, and must work on Long Island.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Award and AYPLA nominees.
- AYPLA Award nominees have a minimum of seven years professional experience.
Completing the Nomination Form
- You are encouraged to work closely with your nominee to complete their nomination.
- Nominations for the ATHENA Award and AYPLA must be submitted using this nomination form and format.
- You have the option of including no more than two additional pages of supporting documents (articles, testimonials, etc.) with your completed nomination form.
- Deadline for submission is November 9, 2012.
See the attached for the nomination forms or visit http://www.athenainternational.org/pages/long_island/332.php to download the forms and more information about ATHENA
A selection committee comprised of a diverse group of community leaders will review all nominations and select the ATHENA Award recipients. The recipients and nominee finalists will be honored at the Inaugural Long Island ATHENA Awards Breakfast Reception on January 8, 2013 at Oheka Castle.
Theresa P. Ahlstrom, Partner – KPMG LLP
Sallyanne Ballweg, Senior Executive Vice President – The First National Bank of Long Island
Linda Chan, Senior IT Director – Veeco Instruments, Inc.
Lorelei DePalo, Chief Accounting Officer – Adecco Group North America
Steven W. Kess, Vice President – Henry Schein, Inc.
Adam Losner, Vice President & Head, Internal Audit – Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
Victoria Mink, Principal Accounting Officer – Cablevision Systems Corporation
Maureen Paradine, Senior Vice President, Human Resources – 1800flowers.com
Humera Qazi, Director – KPMG LLP
Elissa Roseman, Staff Vice President, Corporate Reporting & Accounting – The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
Deborah Johnson Schiff, Vice President – North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
Return Completed Form to:
Please take a few minutes to nominate a woman (or several women) who you believe are deserving of these Awards. Thank you for your help with this important initiative to recognize women leaders on Long Island!