LIA in the News: 1/2/2019
The LIA acts as the voice of the business community and encourages government to do what is right for Long Island. Our mission is to support growth, economic development and infrastructure investments on Long Island in order to create jobs, increase rental housing opportunities, and advocate for tax reforms and regulatory relief to improve the local economy and strengthen our business community.
To keep you informed on the latest news regarding the LIA, we are providing you with clips of the most recent media coverage the LIA has received in December.
- Newsday-December 28, 2018: Uncertainty poses main risk to strong LI economy in 2019
- The Suffolk Times-December 27, 2018: North Fork, Riverside get State Regional Economic Development Council grants
- Long Island Business News-December 26, 2018: Cohen: Long Island can be a clean energy leader for the nation
- The Island Now-December 21, 2018: Rush to judgment could fail
- Blood Horse-December 21, 2018: NYRA Clears Final Hurdle in Belmont Renovation Plan
- The Jewish Voice-December 19, 2018: Google to Spend Over $1B to Build New Campus in New York City
- Newsday-December 18, 2018: LI awarded $68M from state for business expansions, affordable housing
- Innovate LI-December 18, 2018: Lower-Tier LI Consoled By $68M In 2018 REDC Awards
- Governing-December 18, 2018: Google to Invest $1 Billion in New York City Campus
- Newsday-December 17, 2018: Google to invest more than $1 billion in Hudson Square campus in NYC
- Long Island Business News-December 17, 2018: Rizzo: Holiday shopping on Long Island – will it pass or fail in 2018?
- Newsday-December 15, 2018: High school football participation dropping faster on Long Island
- Long Island Business News-December 14, 2018: Inspecting racism
- Newsday-December 13, 2018: Nassau GDP $84.4 billion, Suffolk GDP $78.5 billion, feds say
- Newsday-December 9, 2018: New AG Letitia James names LIers to transition team
- Newsday-December 7, 2018: Port Authority: Proposed AirTrain to LaGuardia a 10 million people-mover
- Newsday, The Point-December 7, 2018: Support on track
- Newsday, The Point-December 4, 2018: Scaffold law hangs over insurance market
- Long Island Business News-December 4, 2018: Isaksen: With Long Island unemployment low, manufacturers must get creative
- Newsday-December 1, 2018: Recalling Bush conference at Hofstra University in 1997
- Newsday-December 1, 2018: Long Island politicians from both sides of aisle mourn death of 'a giant'