LIA in the News: 12/3/2019
The LIA acts as the voice of the business community and encourages government to do what is right for Long Island. Our mission is to support growth, economic development and infrastructure investments on Long Island in order to create jobs, increase rental housing opportunities, and advocate for tax reforms and regulatory relief to improve the local economy and strengthen our business community.
To keep you informed on the latest news regarding the LIA, we are providing you with clips of the most recent media coverage the LIA has received in November.
- Newsday-November 26, 2019: Businesses express relief at end of moratorium on natural gas hookups
- Patch-November 26, 2019: Legislation To Help Local Businesses On Long Island Proposed
- Patch-November 26, 2019: Don Clavin Announces Transition Team, Including Peter King
- Huntington Now-November 26, 2019: Elected Officials Unveil New Agenda for Small Businesses
- City & State-November 25, 2019: Is East Side Access really going to happen this time?
- Politico New York-November 25, 2019: National Grid agrees to lift gas moratorium, pay $36M penalty
- Long Island Business News-November 25, 2019: National Grid lifts moratorium on natural gas service
- Newsday-November 25, 2019: Clavin's transition team includes Peter King, civic leaders
- Newsday-November 20, 2019: LI projects worth hundreds of millions stalled by gas moratorium, execs say
- Newsday-November 20, 2019: Regent calls for action on monitors for Hempstead, Wyandanch schools
- Newsday-November 19, 2019: LI group pitches projects to vie for millions of dollars in state funds
- Newsday-November 19, 2019: LI jobless rate moves up for third straight month, report shows
- Newsday-November 12, 2019: Cuomo threatens to revoke National Grid certificate to operate over moratorium on gas hookups
- Long Island Press-November 12, 2019: Cloudy Forecast For Retail Sector Ahead of Black Friday
- Long Island Business News-November 11, 2019: Rizzo: ‘Tis the season to be spending?
- Long Island Business News-November 7, 2019- Colorful restaurateur headlines EisnerAmper Business Summit
- Newsday-November 1, 2019: Illegal dumping is an 'epidemic' in Suffolk County, DA Sini says