LIA In The News: 8/1/2019
The LIA acts as the voice of the business community and encourages government to do what is right for Long Island. Our mission is to support growth, economic development and infrastructure investments on Long Island in order to create jobs, increase rental housing opportunities, and advocate for tax reforms and regulatory relief to improve the local economy and strengthen our business community.
To keep you informed on the latest news regarding the LIA, we are providing you with clips of the most recent media coverage the LIA has received.
- Long Island Business News-July 30, 2019: Nikki Haley to speak at LIA luncheon
- Newsday-July 29, 2019: Nikki Haley, former UN ambassador, to headline LIA luncheon
- Long Island Business News-July 29, 2019: Winds of change
- NY1-July 26, 2019: Controversial Williams Pipeline Could Still be Built Despite Rejection
- Queens Daily Eagle-July 25, 2019: Belmont Park Redevelopment project rushed to the finish line
- Newsday-July 24, 2019: MTA board votes yes on plan to reorganize agency
- Newsday-July 24, 2019: Long time coming: New M9 trains set to be delivered in August
- Newsday-July 24, 2019: Infusion of $475G to help LI's pre-K programs
- Innovate LI-July 24, 2019: New Era, Same Mission As Golden LIBDC Plans Ahead
- Bloomberg-July 23, 2019: Natural Gas Standoff Hamstrings NYC Business Upstarts, New Housing
- Newsday-July 23, 2019: LI jobless rate drops to 3.1% in June; lowest rate for month since June 1990
- Newsday-July 23, 2019: State comptroller audit: MTA contractor falls short in homeless outreach
- Politico New York-July 22, 2019: Islanders arena will seek alternatives for heating if Cuomo blocks gas pipeline
- Newsday, The Point-July 22, 2019: East Side Access escalating
- Newsday-July 19, 2019: LI officials: We want a piece of the jobs, investment wind farms will create
- Newsday, The Point-July 19, 2019: BeLONG on Long Island
- Long Island Herald-July 19, 2019: How do we keep young people on Long Island?
- Riverhead Local-July 19, 2019: ‘Climate leadership’ act signed into law as governor announces contracts for 1,700 MW of wind energy production off Long Island coast
- Newsday-July 18, 2019: State: LI economy grows by 5,300 jobs in June compared with June 2018
- Newsday-July 16, 2019: Cuomo to MTA: 'No more excuses, politics, drama'
- New York Real Estate Journal-July 16, 2019: Belmont Park Redevelopment to benefit Long Island Rail Road; First full-time LIRR station in 50 years
- Long Island Business News-July 16, 2019: Rizzo: Failing to address housing shortage threatens Long Island’s economy
- Newsday-July 13, 2019: Power play for new Islanders arena
- Newsday-July 9, 2019: Report: Stony Brook's ripple effect on economy worth $7.23B a year