FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 2, 2017
Contact: Matthew Cohen 631-493-3002
THE LONG ISLAND ASSOCIATION MEMBERS APPROVE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND NEW BOARD THEN APPOINTS NEW SLATE OF OFFICERS AT ANNUAL MEETING
The Long Island Association (“LIA”) held its 2017 Annual Meeting yesterday on Wednesday, March 1st at its headquarters in Melville, where members approved its slate of Board of Directors. The Board includes six new members; three of whom are representing companies joining the Board for the first time and three of whom are new representatives for companies that have been previously serving on the Board.
The new members added to the Board of Directors include:
- Richard Humann, P.E., President & CEO of H2M Architects and Engineers
- Michael Lessing, Chief Operating Officer of Lessing’s, Inc.
- Sonya Soutus, Chief Public Affairs & Communications Officer of The Nature’s Bounty Co.
And new representatives of existing Board member companies:
- Edward Blaskey, Regional President of TD Bank
- Brian Edwards, Executive Vice President & Managing Director for the Retail Banking Group of Astoria Bank
- Wayne Grossé, President & CEO of Bethpage Federal Credit Union
The new Board then approved the following Officers of the LIA:
- Chairman, Lawrence J. Waldman, Managing Director of First Long Island Investors
- First Vice-Chair, Michael Maturo, President of RXR Realty LLC
- Vice-Chair, Esther Fortunoff, President of Fortunoff Fine Jewelry
- Vice-Chair, Seymour Leibman, Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel and the Senior Managing Executive Officer of Canon
- Vice-Chair, Frank Ingrassia, President & Chief Executive Officer of Clever Devices
- Treasurer, Michael L. Faltischek, Esq., Senior Partner at Ruskin Moscou Faltischek, P.C.
- Legal Counsel, Charles M. Strain, Esq., Senior Partner of Farrell Fritz, P.C.
- Secretary, Katherine Heaviside, President of Epoch 5 Public Relations
- President & CEO of the Long Island Association, Inc., Kevin S. Law, Esq.
- Vice President for Government Affairs, Communications & Membership of the Long Island Association, Inc., Matthew Cohen, Esq.
- Chief Financial Officer of the Long Island Association, Inc., Michelle Byrne
“We are proud to have an independent Board of Directors that represents the leading businesses and institutions on Long Island. We welcome adding the expertise of Richard, Michael and Sonya at three companies that have made Long Island their home for generations and we are also excited to add Edward, Brian and Wayne as the new representatives for three major employers in our region that have long served on our Board,” said Kevin S. Law, President & CEO of the Long Island Association.
“I am honored to be elected again as Chairman of the Long Island Association and excited to have these business leaders join our Board of Directors. They have a commitment to promoting Long Island’s economy, creating jobs and improving the business climate, and thus they will help the LIA carry out its mission to grow our region and support economic development in Nassau and Suffolk Counties,” said Lawrence J. Waldman, Chairman of the Long Island Association.
The Long Island Association (“LIA”) is the leading business organization on Long Island. Founded in 1926, the mission of the LIA is to support growth, economic development and infrastructure investments on Long Island and to advocate for tax reforms and regulatory relief to improve the local economy and strengthen our business community.