LIA in the News: 7/1/2019
The LIA acts as the voice of the business community and encourages government to do what is right for Long Island. Our mission is to support growth, economic development and infrastructure investments on Long Island in order to create jobs, increase rental housing opportunities, and advocate for tax reforms and regulatory relief to improve the local economy and strengthen our business community.
To keep you informed on the latest news regarding the LIA, we are providing you with clips of the most recent media coverage the LIA has received.
- Newsday-June 26, 2019: Data show growth in venture capital funding for LI startups
- Newsday-June 26, 2019: Will the work be remembered? One member of the Lunar Module team reflects
- Newsday-June 25, 2019: State: LI jobless rate falls to 3.2 percent in May
- Newsday-June 24, 2019: House panel to hold hearing on $10,000 cap on tax deduction
- Newsday-June 24, 2019: MTA Board votes to hold Kawasaki 'accountable' for delivering M9 train cars
- Long Island Business News-June 24, 2019: Executive Profile: Christine Riordan
- Newsday-June 20, 2019: Nassau's white population below 60% in new census estimates
- Newsday-June 20, 2019: Long Island sees modest employment growth in May
- Newsday-June 15, 2019: Jack Nicklaus thinks Sebonack Golf Club will get a U.S. Open
- Newsday, The Point-June 14, 2019: Any wagers on a wage deal?
- Newsday-June 13, 2019: Panel at LIA meeting knocks state single-payer health care bill
- Long Island Business News-June 13, 2019: Report: Pharma industry is booming in Suffolk
- The East Hampton Star-June 13, 2019: Good Help Is Even Harder to Find: South Fork employers across industries feel the sting of a labor shortage
- Newsday-June 12, 2019: Movie studio among LI projects vying for grants
- Newsday, The Point-June 12, 2019: Where are all the young people going?
- Newsday-June 11, 2019: Firms react, mobilize after report citing growth of LI pharma industry
- Innovate LI-June 11, 2019: Stakeholders Unite To Support Pharma/Nutra’s Future
- Newsday-June 10, 2019: Worker shortage looms as Long Island birth rate drops, study says
- Newsday-June 6, 2019: NJ deals another setback to new gas pipeline to LI, NYC
- Newsday, June 6, 2019: Prevailing wage bill isn’t prevailing anymore