LIA in the News: 3/1/2021
To keep you apprised of the latest news regarding the Long Island Association, please see clips of the media coverage we received in the month of February.
- News 12 Long Island (begins at the 19 minute, 8 second mark)-February 28, 2021: "Power and Politics" - Full Show
- Newsday-February 25, 2021: What the LIA needs in a new leader
- Newsday-February 24, 2021: Kevin Law to step down as LIA chief April 1
- Newsday, The Point-February 24, 2021: What is next for Kevin Law and the LIA?
- Twitter Post from NYS Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul: Re: Kevin Law Leaving the LIA
- Long Island Business News-February 23, 2021: Kevin Law to step down from helm of the LIA
- Newsday-February 22, 2021: 92% of Islanders concerned about their downtowns, nextLI survey finds
- Newsday-February 19, 2021: Make apartments out of vacant offices, hotels to bring young workers to NYC, Cuomo says
- Long Island Business News-February 19, 2021: Development groups renew self-certification push to speed building permits
- Newsday-February 18, 2021: Aerospace firm CPI Aero will remain on LI, add 85 jobs in return for NYS aid
- Newsday-February 18, 2021: Long Island's new jobless claims rose 13% last week
- Long Island Business News-February 11, 2021: LI chambers advocate for app-based gig workers
- Newsday-February 9, 2021: Wind developers eager for federal approvals for projects off Long Island
- Long Island Business News-February 9, 2021: Rizzo: Why does the economy need more federal stimulus?
- Long Island Business News-February 9, 2021: Midway Crossing is an economic game changer for Long Island
- Newsday-February 4, 2021: Weekly jobless claims up on Long Island but down slightly across U.S.
- Newsday-February 4, 2021: 1 in 5 NY firms plan layoffs by July because of COVID recession, poll shows
- Newsday-February 3, 2021: New owner of Sunrise Mall seeks input on upgrading and repurposing plans