The Long Island Association is Committed to the Growth of Small Businesses on Long Island
Small businesses are the backbone of our region's economy and comprise the majority of businesses on Long Island. The LIA played an active role in connecting small businesses with vital resources, grants, and loan information to weather the pandemic. In June 2022, the LIA launched a new Small Business Support Program to continue to support their growth.
The LIA's goal is to be supportive of all of the existing small business programs and chambers of commerce on Long Island who work tirelessly on behalf of our region's small businesses.
The Long Island Association is also partnering with the Long Island African American Chamber of Commerce (LIAACC) and the Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (LIHCC), both represented on the LIA Board of Directors by their Presidents Phil Andrews (LIAACC) and Luis Vazquez (LIHCC), to offer enhanced support services to our region's small businesses.
The LIA, LIAACC, and LIHCC will host quarterly joint membership meetings, where they can exchange information about their programs, advocacy topics, and discuss the current needs of the small business community.
The LIA is also a Grow with Google partner and hosts workshops for small businesses that enable them to expand their digital capabilities. Google supported the June 2022 Small Business Conference.
Get Involved Today!
The Long Island Association introduced a new member tier for companies with 10 or fewer employees that provides all member benefits and enhanced services listed below.
All small businesses regardless of size can participate in the Small Business Support Program. If you are interested in applying to be an LIA member, please contact Dave Fattizzo, Director of Business Development, at email@example.com or fill out an application today.
LIA Member Benefits
- Participate in the LIA's Small and Mid-Sized Business Committee meetings, which will include roundtable discussions with experts and larger businesses in our network on topics critical to small business growth.
- Join quarterly meetings with the LIA, LIHCC, and LIAACC to discuss issues important to small businesses.
- Engage in business-to-business networking to develop new relationships and gain customers by attending exciting LIA events across Long Island.
- Gain exposure through digital promotion on the LIA's social media channels, including our #membermonday spotlights. Highlight your company's successes by leveraging our follower network of major regional stakeholders.
- Include news about your business on a dedicated member news page on the LIA's website and in our newsletter to our entire membership.
- Attend free and member-only events with influential policymakers and business leaders on topics critical to your operation, and develop relationships at high-levels.
- Join Strategic Committees that influence the direction of Long Island’s economy.
- Utilize our members-only portal, a business-to-business communication platform.
- Make individualized connections and get introductions to Long Island leaders.
- Get updates on government policies through LIA policy alerts and issue-specific advocacy that impact the business community, and have your voice heard on important issues.
- Connect with the vast network of free support resources through the LIA, LIAACC, and LIHCC. This includes digital audits from Newsday, referrals to SCORE executive mentors, Small Business Development Centers, Entrepreneurship Assistance Centers, the MTA Small Business Support Program, and more - see our network.
- Visit our Resources for Business web page for up-to-date information on loans, grants, and other support resources.
- Accelerate Long Island
- Ascend Long Island
- BOC Capital Corp
- Boost with Meta
- Center for Biotechnology
- Clean Energy Business Incubator Program
- Empire State Development (ESD) Small Business Hub
- ESD Division of Minority and Women’s Business Development (DMWBD)
- Farmingdale Small Business Development Center
- Grow with Google
- Hofstra ideaHub business incubator
- Hofstra Entepreneurship Assistance Center
- La Fuerza CDC
- Long Island African American Chamber of Commerce
- Long Island Development Corporation
- Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Long Island SCORE Mentors
- MTA Small Business Mentoring Program
- Nassau County Boost Nassau Page
- National Center for Disability Entrepreneurship
- Newsday Connect Digital Marketing Assistance
- New York Institute of Technology ETIC
- PSEG Main Street Revitalization Program
- Spring Board Incubator
- Stony Brook University Small Business Development Center
- Stony Brook University Long Island High Technology Incubator
- Stony Brook University Calverton Business Incubator
- Stony Brook University Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT)
- Suffolk County Small Business Page
- Suffolk Community College Entrepreneurial Assistance Center
- Town of Babylon Industrial Development Agency Economic Inclusion Program
- U.S. Small Business Administration New York Office